Personal Data Protection Notice
ASSAB Steels (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
(Effective date: 6th June 2022)
(Last reviewed: 6th June 2022)
ASSAB Steels (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“AMY”) cares about your personal data protection. This notice clarifies how AMY processes your personal data from the point we collect, use, share, dispose of and the security measure that we established, to ensure that your personal data is well protected.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data in the course of our business, including but not limited to your name, office address, office e-mail address, mobile phone number, office phone number, your inquiry or order(s) and relevant documents.
SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We gather your personal data from various sources, including but not limited to:
- Purchase order, sales and delivery documents
- Cookies, Google Analytics and Openstreet Maps
- Any related sales and ordering documentation
- Your inquiry (whether made over the phone or via e-mail)
REASON FOR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We collect your personal data to:
- Process your request to purchase our product(s) / service(s)
- Deliver our product(s) to your desired address and location
- Address your inquiry, complaint / delivery issues (if any)
- Send marketing /promotional materials to you (only with your consent)
- Comply with legal obligations
- Communicate with you
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Without your consent, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties, unless we are required to do so to fulfill our contractual obligations, or to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements.
We engage processors (i.e. service providers) to process personal data (within the scope of an IT-support contract, for example). These processors are contractually bound to comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose your personal data to:
- Our appointed service provider(s)
- The relevant government authorities for legal / regulatory purposes
- Our group of companies, including but not limited to our parent company
We take these security measures to protect your personal data:
- By ensuring that your personal data is kept as required by the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”)
- By ensuring that our employees / contractors are not misusing your personal data
- By performing contract(s) / agreement(s) with our service provider(s).
Nevertheless, you are required to ensure the security of your password and not to disclose it to another party, to reduce the risk of data breaches.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your personal data for such period as allowed under the PDPA or as long as you remain as our customer, whichever is the later. If you are no longer our customer, we will permanently delete your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Correct / update your personal data
- Access your personal data which we have processed and kept with us
- Stop any of our marketing / promotional materials sent to you
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide the product(s) or service(s) to you.
If you have any questions relating to your personal data, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer:
(Name): Ms Noreen Lee
(Designation): Personal Data Protection Officer
(Address): Lot PT 3812, Jalan 4D, Seksyen U6 Kampung Baru, Subang, 40150 Shah Alam Selangor, Malaysia
(Telephone number): +60 3 78481368
(E-mail address): PDPO@assab.com.my